Fundamentals - Jr. NBA
Jr. NBA is the youth basketball participation program of the NBA, with 4 divisions or levels - Rookie, Starter, All-Star and MVP (see a 2016 curriculum).
The Rookie division (ages 5 to 7) is offered in Canada, see the website and Coach's Guide (pdf), which includes 12 practice plans.
The Jr. NBA YouTube channel has a great collection of video playlists for fundamentals and drills at each level, organized in practice plans and skill categories (also see the NBA India channel).
Here are links to YouTube videos by playlist, with brief descriptions and links to similar or corresponding drills (some videos are now diagrammed drills, see below). Progressions are from basic to advanced. New drills (or variations) are highlighted.
Here are drills from the Jr. NBA videos
- Conditioning - Escape game
- Defending - Jump to the ball
- Layups - Jr. NBA cutting
- Layups - Jr. NBA finishing
- Layups - Jr. NBA bowling
- Passing - Jr. NBA
- Shooting - Jr. NBA catch and turn
- Shooting - Jr. NBA form
- Shooting - Jr. NBA jump stop
- Shooting - Jr. NBA kick-out
- Shooting - Jr. NBA post pass
- Shooting - Jr. NBA screens
- Rebounding - No-ball box-out
- Rebounding - Tag and pursue
- Tactics - 3-spot pass-cut-fill