FIBA Assist 27
1) Stationary ballhandling
a) One ball
- pound dribble the ball 20 times with the weak hand, then strong hand, then weak hand again,
- figure-8 dribbling at least 10 times in each direction,
- weak-hand side v-dribble (at least 20 times), then front v-dribble,
- strong-hand side v-dribble, then front v-dribble,
- repeat weak-hand side and front v-dribble.
b) Two balls
- pound dribble both balls at the same time at least 40 times,
- alternate dribble both balls at least 20 times each,
- two same-time pound dribbles then crossover both balls, repeat at least 10 times.
See Dribbling - Calipari warm-up, Tauer stationary, Nash ballhandling, Duke two-ball.
2) Fullcourt transition dribble series
a) One ball
- right hand up and back (shown for 1),
- left hand up and back,
- zig-zag - three dribbles to the right, crossover (low and tight), three dribbles to the left, crossover, continue, up and back (shown for 2).
b) Zig-zag dribble moves
- start in the corner, dribble to the elbow, crossover low, come out quickly, crossover at the halfcourt sideline and far elbow, dribble the baseline, repeat coming back,
- repeat using between the legs, behind the back, and spin dribble,
- zig-zag with retreat dribble - prior to each crossover, take 1-2 retreat dribbles, protecting the ball with your body, crossover using a change of pace.
See Dribbling - Fullcourt zig-zag, Speed course, Halfcourt moves.
c) Two balls
- same-time dribble up and back,
- alternating dribble up and back,
- zig-zag - three same-time dribbles to the right, change direction, three dribbles to the left, continue, up and back,
- zig-zag with alternating dribbles,
3) Halfcourt transition
a) Inside-out moves,
- start at halfcourt on the right, right-hand speed dribble, make an inside-out move on a chair at the elbow, finish with a right-hand power layup,
- from the left side, left-hand speed dribble, inside-out move, left-hand power layup,
- from the middle at halfcourt, right-hand speed dribble, inside-out, right-hand power layup (shown),
- repeat from the middle with a left-hand speed dribble, inside-out move, left-hand power layup.
b) Progression - use a crossover dribble instead of an inside-out move,
- from the right side, dribble with the right hand, crossover, finish with a left-hand power layup on the other side of the basket (shown),
- from the left side, left-hand dribble, crossover, right-hand power layup,
- from the middle, right-hand dribble, crossover, left-hand power layup,
- from the middle, left-hand dribble, crossover, right-hand power layup.
See Dribbling - Kevin O'Neil moves
, 5star workout
, Layups - Villanova
Taylor Allan - start at halfcourt with a chair at the arc, attack the chair, make a single move, explode and finish at the rim, progressions - double move, triple move at the chair.
4) Halfcourt transition vs. two defenders
Dribble moves against two defenders, the first "defender" is one or two steps above the three-point line.
a) Inside-out moves,
- from the right side, make a right-hand inside-out move on both chairs, finish with a right-hand power layup,
- repeat on the left side, two left-hand inside-out moves, left-hand power layup,
- repeat twice from the middle, two right-hand inside-out moves, then two left-hand inside-out moves (shown).
From the right, left, and twice in the middle (alternating hands),
- crossover dribble at each cone (shown),
- crossover dribble at the first cone, then inside-out,
- inside-out at the first cone, then crossover.
Don Kelbick - 2 change jump shooting - set up two cones in a straight line, make a change (of direction) at each cone, shoot.