Tom Crean cone drill
See Kevin O'Neill moves, 5star (dribble) workout.
1) Dribbling with his left hand, 1 makes an inside-out move at the first cone, crosses over at the second cone, then jumps inside after the third cone for a slide shot, square to the backboard. Alternate sides, 3 goes next, starting with his right hand. Keep the ball low on the dribble.
Progressions (on the right)
- score with the inside (left) hand off the outside (right) foot
- start with a right-hand inside-out, cross over, finish with the left hand on the other side of the basket
- right-hand inside-out, between the legs at cone two, finish on the other side with a right-hand scoop shot off the left foot
(don't use the third cone for these)
- dribbling with the left hand, crossover right, inside-out stutter, crossover middle (layup got cut off), right-hand reverse layup
- same except finish with a running left-hand layup off the top of the backboard square.
2) Dribbling with his left hand, 1 makes a crossover move at the first cone, an inside-out move at the second cone, finishes with a slide shot. 3 goes next.
a) scoop shot
b) reverse layup.
Option - two coaches/managers stand inside with pads.