||Fundamentals - Off-Season Workouts|
A workout usually covers dribbling, finishing, and shooting - form, spot-up, on the move, triple threat, first step, live dribble. Use toss-outs in a solo workout (including post moves). See the Skills checklists, also YouTube playlists - Workouts, Pro Training workout series.
- 5-spot series, Triano 7-spot, Billy Donovan, Procopio wing, Lebron James, Varidel, Tony Watson series
- Billy Donovan - partner, screens, drive & kick, 3 players
- 5star pairs spot, Australian
Here are other drills that can be used in solo or partner workouts. The off-season lends itself to less-conventional drills (see Guard drills), e.g. quick turns (e.g. 90s), ball-quick, hop, explosiveness (e.g. Frankston step-up, GVRTC form, Adam Filippi), using chairs (e.g. chair drills, elbow pickups), and advanced moves and finishing (e.g. KP Series, Daily dozen, 5star triple b).
Augie Johnston - all players should spend the majority of training working on shooting (the biggest emphasis), ball handling, and finishing.
- KP Series, Tony Watson series, Coach Rock cones
- figure-8, 5star point-guard push, Hurley fullcourt, 55-second, Baker 4-square
- chill drill, 5star shuffle, speed course, Wojo guard box, Altizer moves-counters, change of pace
- triple threat
- using chairs
- off the dribble
- triangle elbows, 32
- Villanova 20, 2 miss and out, streak, 3 and done
- 2-minute, 3 in a row, alternates, Florida, Hanlen NBA challenges
- 2-minute 3s (see Australian), Florida 21 (50 makes), fullcourt hotshots & 2-minute challenge (Pro Training solo)
- 50 in pairs, Bill Self partner, eagle
- on the move
- drive and kick
1 on 1