Individual shooting workouts in a group (or solo) setting, e.g. with 4 players at each basket. Each player has a ball and rebounds their own shot, the progression is
- shoot off the dribble (left-shoulder turns then right-shoulder turns)
- spin self passes, catch and shoot (left shoulder, right shoulder)
- spin passes into one-dribble pull-ups, right hand then left hand.
At each step, shoot for time (e.g. 1-2 minutes), makes (e.g. first player to 10), or takes (e.g. 25).
- mid-range then 3-point shots
- use 5-6-7 cones around the perimeter.
Footwork - 1-2 stop (inside-foot front pivot), hop stop.
2) Catch and shoot spin-outs
Spin a pass (e.g. out to the 3-point line), follow, catch, shoot with a left-shoulder turn, rebound, spin a pass to a different spot, continue.
Repeat with right-shoulder turns.
Footwork - 1-2 stop (cheat step option), hop stop facing the basket, hop stop and front pivot.
3) One-dribble spin-outs
Spin a pass, follow, catch, take a one-dribble pull-up to the right, rebound, continue.
Repeat with one-dribble pull-ups to the left.
Option - in a solo workout, alternate right and left pull-ups.
- two dribbles
- triple threat counters (jab, shot fake).
- inside-foot front pivot (jab series), cheat-step option
- outside-foot reverse pivot (sweep series)
- inside-foot reverse pivot (Paul Pierce), drop-step jab option
- outside-foot front pivot (spin baseline)
- crossover step
- permanent pivot foot
- jump stop - can catch facing away from the basket.
See Shooting - Mike Procopio wing
, 5star foul-line flash, Pop-out,
Layups - Blast cuts. F
or crossover footwork, hop pivot to catch facing the basket, or catch and go without stopping, see Footwork - Pasquali pivoting
, Dribble starts, Layups - Cross the lane, Shooting - Borg, Blasone, Flare-wing.