Tyler Relph challenges
a) Elite shooting (YouTube link)
A shooting drill you can do by yourself. There are 5 different shots, you want to go 4 for 5:
- on the right side, spin a pass for an elbow curl, catch and shoot with outside-inside-outside footwork (shown)
- repeat on the left side
- from outside the top of the key, go between the legs, exchange (hesi), lift, step into a shot (through push to a freeze pull-up)
- right corner 3-point shot
- left corner 3.
Make two free throws, repeat for 4-5 sets.
See Shooting - Altizer challenge.
b) Chase drill
Use a passer, who always passes away from the shooter, the pass must bounce once, the shooter runs to catch and shoot with outside-inside-outside footwork. Continue going back and forth.
See Shooting - One bounce.
5 different shots, 6 reps each (30 shots total), the goal is to go 5 for 6 at each spot,
- from the break on the right side, cut to the corner (repeat for 6 shots)
- cut from the break up to the slot
- from outside the top of the key, come down like in transition
- on the left side, break and up to the slot, then break and down to the corner.
See Shooting - NBA challenges (Championship shooting), Tony Watson series (Sixes).
d) Curry make 7
The goal is to make 7 different shots, start over if you miss two in a row. The shots are
- scissors quickly 3 times between the legs left to right, pick up and shoot
- spot-up 3
- back up a bit, step-in 3 (off the dribble)
- one-dribble pull-up left, right
- step-back left, right.
See Shooting - Steph Curry challenge.
f) Fullcourt 15
Fullcourt shooting, 15 total makes (5-4-3-2-1),
- make 5 shots from corner #1
- make 4 shots from corner #2
- make 3 shots from corner #3
- make 2 shots from corner #4
- make 1 shot from the middle (spot #5).
The goal is to go 15 for 19.
(Variation - spots #2 and #4 are on the wings, for star shooting)
g) Shooting ladder
10 minutes, 5 spots
- make 1 in a row at each spot
- make 2 in a row
- make 3 in a row
- make 4 in a row
- make 5 in a row.
Use two balls with a passer and rebounder.
See Shooting - NBA challenges (In a rows).
i) Two-man shooting
Partner shooting, 5 spots, 3 chances at each spot, compete for total makes in a row at each spot.
Start with a make, see how many shots can you make in a row, switch with partner, each player goes 3 times, whoever has the highest total score wins the spot, move to the next spot.
See Shooting - Eastman in a rows, Villanova 20.