Dr. Dish (YouTube)
3-spot 3-point shooting, go until you make 25,
- dribble in and shoot from the left wing,
- relocate to the top for a stationary 3 (or a 3 on the run),
- from the right wing, start with a make, shoot until a miss.
Start over, dribble in and shoot from the right wing, relocate to the top, then move to the left wing.
(Variation - at the top, also start with a make and end on a miss.)
See Shooting - Billy Donovan workouts
b) 2 and out
5 spots (corner, wing, top, other wing, other corner), shoot until you miss two in a row at each spot, you get to start on a make at the first spot. The record score is 268 made 3s.
c) Vince Carter 42
42 3-point shots around the arc in sets of 3, 3 shots on the move, 3 shots stationary, from 7 spots,
- start at the break, slide to the corner, shoot 3 shots on the move then 3 stationary shots from the corner,
- rise up out of the corner for 3 shots on the move, then 3 shots from the wing,
- from out top, run in for 3 trail shots, then 3 stationary shots from the top,
- repeat from the right slot and the left slot,
- rise up out of the far corner for 3 shots on the move then 3 shots from the wing,
- slide to the corner for 3 shots on the move, then 3 shots from the corner.
See Shooting - Tyler Relph challenges (5-spot).
d) Plus 5
5 spots (or 7 spots), from each spot shoot until you get to plus 5, i.e. 5 more makes than misses (no negative numbers, 0 is the worst score).
Variations - plus 7 or plus 10.
See Shooting - Plus three.