5 on 0 fullcourt dribble-drive layups at speed. Always score (putback any miss), 4 inbounds. Start the first trip with a made basket. Trip options,
- up and back, start from both ends
- start with a halfcourt attack
- one trip for each progression
- include primary fast break (scripted or
- 90 seconds, or until someone runs out of gas.
- basic motion
- rack, drag, drop zones
- kickback, quick, swing, drag, dribble-push (pullback, quick-replace)
- throwback, swing-quick
- perimeter shots (option - no putbacks, outlet on a miss).
All possessions are shown going upcourt in the diagrams, not alternating up and back.
See Offence - Dribble-drive basics
, Fast break - 6-cycle dribble-drive
, 5 on 0 trips
, Shooting - Grinnell run the floor
, Fast breaks - Early dribble-drive ballscreens
, Offence - Hoiberg pitch series
Variations - 5 on 5, two teams
- one team plays dummy defence back and forth, then flip-flop
- alternate possessions, both teams play dummy defence, and convert from offence to defence using their defensive transition system (progression - one shot only, no putbacks).
1) Basic motion
1 drives into the lane (either hand), options
- rack it
- pass to 5 cleaning up or relocating
- drag-zone skip pass to weakside wing, 5 posts
- hit 4 filling behind, exit cut, 4 drives.
Shot option - kick-out to the ballside corner.
b) Drop zone
1 drives to drop 2 or 3, options
- 2 backcuts, 5 ducks in or tees-up
- 1-2 kickup, 2 shoots or drives middle (e.g. 2-4 kickback, drop 3)
- 1-2 kickup, 2-1 throwback, 5 posts (see Post-ups).
Option - two drives (or drive and kicks) and a post touch.
- kickup-fist (for 2)
- kickup-throwback-fist (for 1).
Option - add pullback-dribble and quick-replace entries, see Offence - Kentucky dribble-drive.
1-4 kickback, options
- 4 drives the lane, 1 fills behind
- 4 stops in the drop zone
- 4-1 throwback, 5 ducks in.
- kickback-fist (for 4)
- kickback-throwback-fist (for 1).
1-2 quick, 2 can drive baseline or middle.
Ballscreen - quick-fist.
1-4 swing and corner cut, e.g. 4 can attack middle (or left, 1 reads it).
Ballscreen - swing-fist.
4-1 drag, 1 comes off, drives the lane or drop zone.
1 waves through 2, dribbles to the wing, and can attack middle or baseline.
4 and 3 fill behind after a two-count.
Mads Olesen - use Dribble-push and Quick to check for zone defence.
Option - add a skip-pass post-up.
Greg Kampe - Loop-pitch-red - 1-2 kickup, 2-4 kickback, 4-3 skip pass, 5 seals in the post.
a) Swing-quick (triangle)
1-4 swing, 4-3 quick, use the 1-3-5 triangle to get the ball into the post.
- Butler (for 3)
- Hawk (for 1).
2-1 dribble throwback, 5 posts.
Olesen - on a pass into the post look to have the opposite high dive and opposite diagonal elevate.