Pro Training workout #2
Pro Training (YouTube)
See video - Full ballhandling workout #2, also Dribbling - Pro Training workout.
20 reps each,
- right-leg bounce (wrap the right leg inside-out, bounce the ball every second wrap)
- left-leg bounce
- figure 8
- figure 8 bounce (two bounces every second figure 8)
- one leg, two legs
- one leg, two legs reverse (change direction).
- right hand side to side over a cone, then left hand
- right-hand push-throughs (pound right side of the cone, left side, push under the right leg, catch with the right hand, continue)
- left-hand push-throughs
- one-dribble crossovers (no cone, pound crossover, continue)
- one-dribble between the legs
- one-dribble behind the back.
2) Fullcourt series
2 sets, full speed, up and back (zig-zag),
- two-dribble crossovers (pound, pound, cross)
- one-dribble crossovers (pound, cross)
- two-dribble between
- one-dribble between
- two-dribble behind
- one-dribble between.
- three-dribble change
- wrap, spin
3) Diamond drill
4 cones, finish with layups, 3 times each, both sides,
- crossover (at each cone)
See Dribbling - Tony Watson series (Diamond drill).
4) Two-move pull-ups
Two cones on each wing and out top, make 6 shots to move on (total of 24 makes)
- on the right wing, the ball starts in the right hand, two crossovers into a pull-up jump shot, make two shots
- repeat with between the legs then behind the back
- repeat on the left wing, ball starts in the left hand
- repeat out top, make 6 shots with the ball starting in the right hand, then 6 shots starting with the left hand.
5) Ball control and scoring series
Start at the top of the key with a cone, need a made shot to move on, two sets, total of 24 makes,
- crossover layup (pound the ball on the right-left-right side of the cone, crossover move into a layup)
- crossover pull-up
- between the legs layup
- between the legs pullup
- behind the back (wrap the ball) layup
- behind the back pull-up.
Repeat going right, do two sets.
Finish the workout with at least 20 made free throws.