Oakland blood series
a) Blood 11
1-on-2 to 2-on-1. One team on each sideline, and players from both teams on the baseline.
Coach hits 1 on the run, X2 chases on the pass, X1 can't move until 1 hits the jump circle.
One shot only.
b) Blood 22
2 on 2, coach hits 2 or 1 on the run, play to a stop or score (or one shot).
c) Blood 33
Live 3 on 3, team O has players 1-2-5, is on offence e.g. for four minutes then switches. Subs for both teams come in from the baseline and/or sideline.
Coach hits 1 on the run, play to a stop or score (the defence can fast break on a steal).
1 tries to get the ball to a drop zone, 2 is low and late in the corner.
Progression - players 1-3-5.
(Option - players 1 and 5)
See Transition - Walberg Blood
(22, 32, 33).
d) Blood 44
Add fourth attacker 3 in the other corner (or 4 on top), with defender.
If 1 gets to the drop box and 2 is not open, turn and skip to the other wing.
See Walberg Blood (44).
- 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4
- alternate possessions
- 1 loops to the middle for a pass from coach
- X1 is on the halfcourt line, can't move until 1 hits the jump circle
- if the ball goes away from you (here 3), come up out of the corner
- if the ball comes at you (here 2), wait until it hits the 3-point line then blast out of the corner (meet it about foul-line extended)
- your feet move real fast, your mind moves slow.
See Transition - Calipari 11