Touch the top of the key after each shot, shoot from the other elbow. Go for two minutes, switch with the rebounder.
This is a very good shooting drill for post players.
- backpedal around a cone at the top of the key
- catch at the top of the key, one-dribble pull-up right then left
- after each elbow shot, shoot a 3-point shot from the top of the key (step into the shot)
- sweep, jab step and/or shot fake, 3-point shot or pull-up (or layup)
- stepbacks, drag stepbacks, spin and shoot
- elbow to elbow, inside pivot foot
- make a putback after a miss (or after every shot, make or miss)
- touch the ball in rebounder's hands after a make
- run to touch halfcourt after a miss.
Jordan series - elbow-to-elbow shooting off the catch then off the dribble, make 4-6 in 30 seconds.
Jay Wright - one-two step shooting - from the top of the key, step with the inside foot then outside foot.
John Calipari (5Star)
- move elbow to elbow, inside pivot, take 50 shots (5 sets of 10)
- elbow to elbow, shot fake, one-dribble middle pull-up (crossover step)
- catch at the top of the key, take one hard dribble to the elbow for a pull-up jump shot, shoot elbow to elbow
- shoot from the top of the key.
Adam Filippi - back and forth - a shooting warm-up, shoot from close range, backpedal 8 to 10 feet, come back for the next shot, continue, work out to shots at the top of the key.
Adam Filippi - spot-to-spot drill - elbow to elbow shooting, 1-2 inside pivot (or jump stop), make 4 to 6, progressions
- corner to wing, elbow to elbow, wing to corner
- outside the arc, a) catch and go outside for a pull-up jump shot (vary one and two dribbles), b) catch, shot fake, crossover middle for a pull-up
- step-back jump shots
- for a warm-up, start block to block, work out to elbow to elbow.
Augie Johnston - big-step shooting - shoot elbow to elbow using only three steps, including a 1-2 pivot to square up (progression - other locations, including threes).
See Shooting - Elbow to elbow
, FIBA triple threat
, Nate James
, Backpedal Dipablo
, FIBA Joe (in and out)
, 5star pairs spot
, Grinnell 11, Tauer on the move, Tauer triple threat, Procopio wing workout (one-dribble jump shots), Tom Crean fill cuts, Post play - Danny Manning.