George Karl & Tara VanDerveer
Fullcourt (and crosscourt) dribbling drills.
1) George Karl
3-4 lines of players on the baseline, each player with a ball, in front of lines of 4-6 cones (lines of 3 cones are used in the video, shown).
Each player dribbles upcourt and back (baseline to baseline), then the next player in line goes, progressions
- speed dribble, upcourt with the right hand, back with the left hand
- hesitation dribble, up with the right hand, back with the left (freeze a defender)
- crossover dribble at each cone
- between the legs (go from front to back)
- behind the back from right hand to left hand, up and back, repeat using left to right (wrap the ball)
- mixed moves, don't use the same move two cones in a row.
Explode out of each move.
The same drill can be done across court and back (4-cone lines are used in the video).
Tara VanDerveer - jump stop at the far sideline, pivot and come back.
(Other options - skipping, figure-8 walking, alternating-hand speed dribble, weave with one hand, inside-out, change of pace, crab dribble, pullbacks, two balls)
2) Tara VanDerveer
Use 5-6 cones on each side (5 are used in the video), finish with a layup, switch lines, progressions
a) outside the cones,
- speed dribble
- hesitation dribble (stutter step at each cone, lift eyes and shoulders, get a defender to stand up then blow by)
(Switch sides to use the left hand)
b) start with the inside hand,
- crossover at each cone (low and tight)
- between the legs (front to back)
- behind the back (wrap the ball around to the other hip, alternate hands).
Accelerate out of each move.
See Dribbling - Speed course, Fullcourt zig-zag.