|1 on 1|
Attacker 1 spins a pass from the baseline to the wing and follows the pass along with defender X1,
- if X1 trails the play, taking away baseline (shown), 1 attacks middle with an outside (right) pivot foot,
- if X1 is high, 1 attacks baseline with a front pivot on his inside (left) foot (a crossover step).
Have players work on both sides.
See Shooting - Pasquali reaction, Layups - Blast cuts, 1 on 1 - Coach as passer.
a) 2 on 2
Add a ballside low post with defender, 1 passes to coach on the wing,
- if coach holds the ball in his outside (left) hand, X1 must touch coach's right hand and 1 attacks baseline (shown),
- if coach holds the ball in his inside (right) hand, 1 curls around coach to get the ball and attack middle, X1 must trail.
5 spaces on the drive, X5 helps.
This can used to drill help rotations on dribble penetration, see Defence - Help rotations, Defending - 4 on 4 circles.
Variation - 1 spins a pass from the baseline, with no coach (see 1 on 1 above).
b) 3 on 3, 4 on 4
Add perimeter attackers with defenders.
coachesclipboard.ca - coach is on the arc facing the basket (not the baseline), progressions
- 1 on 0, coach holds the ball in his outside hand, the attacker will sweep, crossover step and drive baseline for a layup
- 1 on 0, coach holds the ball in his inside hand, catch on the outside foot, crossover and attack middle for a one-dribble pull-up
- 1 on 0, coach holds the ball in either hand
- 1 on 1, the defender passes to coach from the baseline near the lane line
- add more players (e.g. 3 on 3), new defenders try to stop penetration, new attackers move to appropriate spots.
See Footwork - Pasquali pivoting, 1 on 1 - Pasquali corner-wing cuts.