3 teams, can win only on offence (first team to score 3-5 times). Team O attacks team X. On a stop, team X switches to offence, team O goes off. On a score, team O stays on offence, team X goes off. The team that is off always comes in to defend the next attack. The ball must come back to coach, who can give it to the offence at any time, they should be moving. On any foul you lose the possession on defence.
Here team O scores and passes to coach, who will pass back.
- coach can pass only to any attacker who gets outside the 3-point line (and can then backcut if denied)
- without coach, offence takes the ball out before attacking (no checking the ball)
- score the basket for a foul on a shot
- reward offensive rebounds
- on a stop, the defence breaks upcourt 4 on 0 then comes back 4 on 4 against the team that was off
- only two teams (make-it, take-it)
- starters vs subs - starters must score 2-3 times in a row for a point.
Quin Snyder - 3 on 3, defence and offence switch on a stop (same two teams), new defence on a score.
Tony Barone - if you don't like the offence, send them off.
Brian McCormick - cut-throat – three rules (or a turnover), a) on a catch, square up, b) on a pass, cut and get your head under the basket, c) don't hold the ball overhead. Three teams, make-it take-it, always new defence; attackers pass to coach, touch halfcourt, get a pass, play. Progression (e.g.) - have to ballscreen before a shot.
Scott Bogumil (5Star) - 5 on 5, make-it take-it, first team to 12 points, best out of three games, offence - 2-point and 3-point shots, 1 point if fouled, defence - 1 point for a deflection, defensive rebound, steal, or turnover, 2 points for taking a charge.
Hoop Tactics - shoot for possession. New defence on every possession, defence checks the ball (first checking that all teammates are in position). Re-set on a defensive foul, defence goes off with two defensive fouls. Variations
- defence must make 3 stops in a row
- 4 on 4, 5 on 5.