Halfcourt 4 on 4, no dribbling, the attacking team scores one point for a catch on a basket or backdoor cut, a made basket, or an offensive rebound, and keeps possession with a basket (make-it take-it). Subs are on the baseline.
- no screening
- allow dribbling on a catch and finish at the rim
- attackers can dribble at a teammate who is overplayed for a backdoor or hand-off
- only attackers one pass from the ball can cut to the basket (backdoor, or pass and cut), or also allow cuts by attackers two or more passes from the ball.
- no points for catches on a backdoor or basket cut
- fullcourt 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 (ultimate).
Bobby Knight - number one practice drill is 4 on 4, with no dribble or one dribble, always trying to get to the basket, use restrictions like 8 passes or a post touch before anyone can shoot, this is also a great defensive drill.
Renato Pasquali - 4 on 4 mentality - coach shoots with both teams in the paint, the team that rebounds is on offence, first gets the ball behind the arc, limits of two dribbles and six total passes.