Halfcourt dribbling using four cones, make a change of direction move at each cone (more than 18 inches, to get by a defender), then sprint back to the start. Progression
a) Crossover - keep the ball below the knees, bring it back a little on the crossover, explode out, change direction and speed.
b) Between the legs - don't pause, explode out, don't let the defender catch up.
c) Behind the back - you lose vision of the ball but don't stop, keep your forward progress throughout, wrap the ball around your waist.
d) Spin dribble - spin then change hands, don't change hands early or the defender can get at the ball. Stay low, don't bounce.
- 5 lines of players on the baseline, halfcourt dribbling, v-cut with changes of direction (no cones)
- crossover dribble - lower and closer to the body
- spin dribble - take an extra dribble with the same hand
- between the legs - not much different from a crossover
- speed dribble to halfcourt with the fewest dribbles possible, push the ball out in front.
See Dribbling - Calipari warm-up, Fullcourt zig-zag, Jr. NBA - Ballhandling (Moving) - dribble cones out and back.
An attacker and defender, use a narrow corridor (pick a line on the court, go side to side), the attacker makes any change of direction moves. The defender goes about 50% the first time (shadow the ball), go back to the start, switch attacker and defender, repeat. Second time the defence is 100%, try to steal the ball.
Ray Lokar - 5 lines of attackers with defenders, go fullcourt.
See Defending - Zig-zag.