See 1 on 1 - Close-out game
, Machine gun close-out
, Dave Smart first step, Multiple.
Doc Scheppler (bballbreakdown)
- feet in the air on a catch (small hop), quick dip of the ball
- machine-gun drill - chop the feet (hot feet), hop, catch and shoot
- shooting on the move - quick turn on the hop, square in the air
- shooters plan to catch and shoot, read and react to blow by
- decide in the air doing the hop
- attack the closeout - if the defender is running out, react with your feet, split and sprint, catch and land with split feet, the pushing foot is back, crossover drive.