Science of a ballscreen hedge,
- hand on the screener's back
- parallel with the sideline
- two hard steps up the court
- listen for guard's "back" call as he moves underneath you
- run back to the lane, be directed by the guys positioned in help.
If your team is athletic, switch everything and enjoy winning.Eric Spoelstra
- the show is a way of keeping your matchups intact. Inside hand on screener's back (vs. a slip), attack the ballhandler, get out right to his chest, redirect him, you don't need to slide, just redirect him. Allow guard back underneath, retreat to man with hands in the air, looking over your shoulder, trust it, don't worry about your man.Frank Martin
- over/under - the mistake most players make is they stay under; go under and get back to the ballhandler's inside hip.
4 (a shooter) ballscreens, X4 hedges, defenders X2-X3-X5 zone up, X5 and X4 "X-switch" on a pass to 4 popping.
See Defence - Procopio ballscreens
, O'Neill ballscreens