2) Only one player has a ball, the other player will cross both arms, maintain contact with the dribble, across and back, switch with the dribbler
Progression - guided defence, if the defender gets in front of the ball, the dribbler will pullback crossover, if the defender gets behind the level of the ball, the dribbler will crossover to cut off the defender.
Ryan Goodson - contact drill
- the defender puts his arms on the dribbler's shoulders, who drives through the pressure
- grab the dribbler's hips from behind and pull back
- the dribbler takes a control dribble stance and step-slides up the court, the defender gives contact with a forearm on the inside shoulder
- the defender tries to ride the dribbler out on his inside shoulder, the dribbler advances the ball and tries to cut into the defender's path, veer behind him, and stay on the inside position by maintaining contact.