Stationary dribbling while tossing a tennis ball, stay low, head up, balanced, dribble hard (pound dribble), never higher than your thigh,
- dribble with one hand, toss the tennis up with the other hand and catch it, palm down if possible
- pound dribble, toss, jab step with the non-dribble foot, catch
- toss the tennis ball, crossover dribble, catch with the other hand, repeat
- toss the tennis ball, dribble between the legs, catch with the other hand, repeat.
- begin by allowing the tennis ball to bounce once before catching it
- with a partner, toss a tennis ball back and forth while dribbling.
coachesclipboard.ca - dribble with one hand, with the other hand
a) toss a tennis ball in the air
- circle it with the same hand, catch palm down (progression - drop the tennis ball, circle it)
- double crossover dribble, catch with the same hand, palm up
- inside-out dribbling, catch palm up
b) juggle two tennis balls
c) toss a tennis ball against a wall
- catch with the same hand, continue then change hands
- crossover dribble, catch with the other hand (angle the toss), continue
- double crossover dribble, catch with the same hand, continue, change hands.
Ryan Goodson - toss a tennis ball in the air, make a move, catch. Progressions
- throw the tennis ball to the ceiling
- throw the tennis ball to a partner, explode to him making a move, snatch the tennis ball, go for 30 seconds
- dribbling on the baseline, roll a tennis ball towards halfcourt, speed dribble, stop to pick it up, repeat (add changes of direction).
- pound dribble with one hand, toss a tennis ball with the other hand and catch palm down (protect with the off hand), progression - toss and catch as quickly as possible
- toss the tennis ball in front with the right hand, crossover dribble left to right and step with the outside (right) foot, catch and put the tennis ball on the floor with the left hand, drag step back to square (dribble under the right leg), step again with the right foot and go between the legs, pick up the tennis ball with the left hand, step back to square, repeat going the other way (toss with the left hand), continue.
Dave Malowski - toss a tennis ball, circle it with the same hand, catch with palm down, progressions
- circle it twice
- toss with the right hand, clap hands, catch left hand
- touch your head (both hands), shoulders, catch
- touch knees, hips, head, catch
- Macarena - touch your left knee (with right hand), right knee, left shoulder, right shoulder, right hand out in front, left hand out in front, catch
- touch left shoulder, right shoulder, right hand out, left hand out, touch right butt cheek, left butt cheek, catch
- clap hands under your right leg, left leg, catch
- clap hands under your right left, left leg, touch your head with one hand then the other, catch
- toss a tennis ball while stationary dribbling, then while dribbling and walking forward
- three dribbles, toss the tennis ball, crossover, catch with the other hand.