Australian Institute of Sport
That's a Foul
- no transition baskets
- slow the ball with frontcourt pressure
- play on the line, up the line
- be ready for steal opportunities
- line of ball - sprint to recover when beaten (5 players below the line of the ball when it crosses centre)
- communicate and match up.
- 1 (dog) gets to the foul line area on all shots, pressures the ball on the first pass
- 2 (safety) sprints to halfway on all shots, goes with any attacker who runs by, takes a third pass upcourt
- 3 (wing) rebounds offensively, sprints to the bottom of centre circle on loss of possession, contains the ball if the dog gets beaten, takes the second pass
- 4 (ball man) rebounds, pressures the rebounder/inbounder, plugs the middle behind the dog, sprints to centre circle on a second pass
- 5 (basket man) rebounds, sprints the centre lane to the foul line other end.