|Defences 2-2-1 fullcourt slides |
Don't deny the inbounds pass, pick up the ball near the foul line.
- deny the inbounds pass
- deny the inbounds pass after a made free throw (UConn)
- pull the 2-2-1 back closer to halfcourt (UConn)
- use after a made or missed free throw (Belgium)
- X3 and X4 set up near the sidelines (Kimble).
X1 bumps X2 on ball reversal.
- on the reversal pass, match up with closest attackers into a fullcourt man press (Kimble)
- X2 moves up to deny the reversal pass, other defenders match up (UConn).
First sideline trap.
Other option - Kimble "in" stunt, X1 and X2 trap, X4 covers sideline, X5 stays as safety, X3 covers short middle.
Second sideline trap (deep trap).
Other option - one and done - if the attackers escape the first trap, fall back into the halfcourt defence.
X2 covers the pass back out to midcourt.
Other option - X2 covers the elbow, X1 covers the basket (Hubie Brown).
If O2 drives baseline before X4 can trap with X5.